Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Touch of Easter

Hi Friends! Are you getting ready for Easter? I can't believe it's almost here! I typically don't decorate very much for Easter other than buying a bouquet of tulips for the dining room table. But, with two little kids at home, I'm trying to incorporate some more Easter touches without everything getting too pastel up in here. ;) Here's what I came up with!

Tulips are an Easter staple! I picked up this inexpensive bunch at Trader Joe's. They have such a great selection of flowers and are priced very well!
The vase and table runner are from World Market. Is anyone else as obsessed with World Market as I am?!
I printed off a couple Easter printables from my recent roundup to sprinkle around the house. See that jar of Cadbury eggs? Demolished. History. In our bellies. Hello extra 5 pounds, where did you come from?! Note to self, leaving candy out in the open is way too tempting!
While I was browsing Trader Joe's amazing floral selection, I couldn't resist picking up these ranunculus! Aren't they gorgeous?!
I considered putting them on my dining room cabinet like this, but ended up needing them to take the place of the empty jar of Cabury eggs in my entryway. Ha!
My bestie Amy and I found these adorable bunny garlands in the Target dollar spot a couple weeks ago. Our husbands had a conversation about our matching bunny garlands. I think eye rolling was involved. Ha! But, they're used to use sharing ideas by now. ;)
I couldn't resist adding a little, white pom pom tail! Little Man loved the tails! 
Funny story-- I've seen a couple posts about painting and speckling cheap, plastic Easter eggs. I gave it a whirl, but failed miserably because I used craft paint instead of chalk paint. Then, just a couple days after I posted on Instagram about my miserable fail, Amy and I spotted these cute eggs in the Target dollar spot! They were cheap and looked exactly like I was trying to paint my eggs. Score! 
These glass candle holders from Yankee Candle Co have a lot of mileage on them! Jeremy bought them for me 9 or 10 years ago. I love filling them with seasonal decor! I decided to remove the glass votive holder that sits on top so that I could add more eggs.
Hope you enjoyed this little tour of our Easter touches! Looking forward to celebrating that Jesus is alive!


17 comments:

  1. I love all of these small additions! Those blue eggs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I squealed when I found them for a dollar!

      Delete
  2. I love the bunny garland with pom pom tails. So cute! The ranunculus are beautiful and the quote is perfect! Visiting from On Display Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I, too, love TJ's and World Market--looks like I need to stop by both places tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! TJ's has a great selection of flowers right now!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the blue eggs and the chalkboard art. You can never do any wrong with chalkboards, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, and your bunny garland is adorable!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Very pretty. My 3 year old was asking me if we were going to decorate for Easter and usually I don't. I can use your tips and do something cute now. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link up! What perfect decorations! I love it!!! The garland is just perfect and the frames with the sayings- love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so great! I'm such a slacker this year - Easter decor has snuck up on me! Thanks for sharing the inspiration and for linking up to the Pretty Preppy Party! I especially love those blue eggs and your too cute bunny garland (husband eye roll or not - lol). xx, b @ being-bianca.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it all--especially your framed printables!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...