Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bright and Cheery Playroom Reveal


Guess what today is?! Playroom reveal day! Cue celebratory music and confetti!!! 
We moved into our current house about 3 1/2 years ago and this was one of the first rooms I started working on. Thankfully, I started blogging as soon as we moved into this house, so I got to document each project along the way!

I'm a believer in letting rooms like this evolve over time and not rushing the process. It may have taken us three years to finish, but we were able to implement storage and organizational pieces into the room that really make it function beautifully for us! So, let's take a tour, shall we? I included links to each individual project post along the way!

Here is the view from the hallway. The built-in was already done when we purchased our home. We've organized it inside and out, refinished a chair for it, and installed a bulletin board (tutorial coming soon!) to make it function well for us.


Little Man colors at this desk for hours! We keep his crayons, colored pencils, and a basket of blank paper on the desktop for easy access. We also have a mail sorter hanging on the side of the bookshelf for him to put his finished drawings which really helps keep his desk clear. Most of the time. ;)


We really thought through how to organize our kids' paperwork and the built-in cabinets. The solutions we came up with are working out really well!



Looking to the left, you'll spot our cozy reading chair corner. The chair used to be in the kids' nursery, but we repurposed it for the room, adding a cute pillow to liven it up.


I love the curtains that we found at Lowe's for this corner and had a friend add the pom-pom border to the bottom!


The same friend (Thanks, Betsy!) took a pillow design I dreamed up and made it come to life for me!


Looking to the left, you'll spy our gallery wall and book ledges. I can't sing the praises enough of book ledges for kids! They can actually get the books out and clean them up independently! #winning 


I switch out the books every now and then to keep it fresh. 



We're still loving the gallery wall we created a couple years ago!


Little Man created the elephant art and the fingerprint animals a couple years back. I'd love to use the same method I used for the elephant to create a different animal with Little Girlie and add it to the gallery!


Turning even more to the left, you'll find our closet that we painted, added additional shelving, and organized. We've switched out a few of the baskets and moved the printer to the office, but for the most part, it looks the same. 


Now let's look at the right half of the room! See that striped wall? That was the first project we did in here 3 years ago and we still love it! It's such a fun, playful addition! And I have an addiction to stripes, but we don't need to mention that. ;)


The bookshelves stumped me for years, but I finally got them arranged in a functional, yet cute way! 


We added frames to display our kids' masterpieces that open up, allowing us to easily switch out the artwork.



Looking to the far right side of the room, you'll find the Hot Wheels parking garage we made recently. It's working out great and the kids love it!



Just a few more details from around the room...

And now the best part! Before and after comparisons! Ready to see how far we've come in 3 years?!

Here's the befores from right after we moved in next to the afters with how it looks now!
I have no explanation... ;)
Clearly, we had just moved in and thrown things into the closet while we were getting settled. #facepalm
Here's the striped wall before and after. We stored some of the larger toys in the kids' closets, moved the workbench to the garage next to Daddy's (so cute!), and parked the shopping cart in the bottom of the playroom closet. Shhhh, don't tell her, but we're building Little Girlie a kitchen for Christmas and it will go on this wall!
And that's a wrap! We're so happy with how it turned out! All of the sweat equity paid off! 

To see all the playroom posts , click here!


14 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how cute every single part of this room is! Do you have a favorite part? I don't think I would be able to pick if I was you. ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! I think I'd have to say the striped wall is my favorite! We've lived with it for 3 years now and still love it!

      Delete
  2. What an adorable and fun room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is one major transformation. The room is perfect as a playroom with all the pretty details and pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic space! I love everything about it. And I love that it evolved over time, we have lived in our house for about 2 1/2 years now and I feel like we are finally getting rooms how we like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely ADORABLE playroom! I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing! I found you at Friday Favorites on Farmhouse 40!
    Brooke~Re-Fabbed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the turquoise color....calming but fun! Your blog looks adorable too. Following on bloglovin now.

    Stopping by from The36Avenue
    Iris♥
    The Blue Birdhouse - DIY Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so perfect! I can't wait to do a parking garage for my boy someday. What a wonderful place for play you've made! I appreciate you linking up to Create - Share - Inspire Link party! Hope to see more of your fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great space, so bright and happy! Featured at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the bright colors and so many cute details! I'd be in organizational heaven in that playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a colorful and FUN room. I love how organized it is (I'm a sucker for organizing!) The curtains are beautiful with the pom pom touch. I enjoy seeing how others create their playroom's ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the frames from? They're great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...