Friday, August 21, 2015

The Clean Table Club


Happy Friday! I'm so glad it's the weekend! It's going to be a fun one full of birthday parties and family time!


I hear people talk all the time about how much good it does them to make their bed every day. They say it makes their entire house feel neat and clean and helps them feel accomplished. Are you in the made bed club, too?

I was in the made bed club at our old house, because our bedroom was right off the living room and garage entrance, so I passed it a million times a day. However, in our current home, our room is tucked away and never seen, so I've totally slacked on the bed making. #confessions


BUT, there is one thing that I always do that gives me that freshly made bed feeling--I pretty up the dining room table. I try super hard to keep it cleared off and decorated. I keep the decor really simple because we eat at this table three times a day and I don't like having to take decorations off and on. But, keeping it neat and pretty helps me feel like at least one room in the house is clean!


I'm always playing with different centerpieces and am slightly obsessed with table runners. I love that I can leave a table runner on all the time without us getting food all over it and I can spray/wipe the table down without moving the decor.


I've used a variety of things for centerpieces from pretty sea glass jugs, a woven fruit basket, a pitcher of flowers, etc. I recently found this woven tray at Target and absolutely LOVE how it looks on the table combined with a pitcher of flowers! Bonus points for being able to toss in the salt and pepper shakers and extra napkins!


I may not be able to make it into the made bed club, but that's ok. I'll just start my own clean table club and our membership cards will be way cooler. ;)

Do you have any household tasks that you must do to keep your house feeling clean? Ya know... besides actually cleaning? Ha! What are your favorite table centerpieces?

To see more centerpieces, check out my project gallery! This fall one and this Christmas one are some of my favorite super simple ones! I can't wait to get to put them out in the coming months!

Linking up to Remodelaholic and many other awesome blogs!

20 comments:

  1. I do like to make my bed every day, even if the dresser isn't as tidy as it should be. I may be a little OCD, but I hate getting into a messy bed. I love tablecloths for my kitchen table, but need to find something easy to wipe clean, thus avoiding wahing it constantly. I know you love table runners, since I gave you one for the past two Christmases. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate getting into a messy bed, so if I haven't made it, I make it real quick before going to bed. Haha! You should check out Joann's right now for cute tablecloth fabrics! I saw some cute stuff in there the other day. Yes, I LOVE my runners you gave me!!!

      Delete
  2. I am part of the made bed club (most of the time) but I like having a nice table too! I usually have a tablecloth, a runner and a centerpiece on it so it looks pretty. I like being able to walk in my house and at least one area looks clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room looks great, even if your bed isn't made haha. I skip making my bed a lot, too. I feel like as long as there's nothing on the floor, my home is clean so I usually just do a little straightening up each day.

    Stopping by from the Inspiration Monday Link Party :)

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so with you about things on the floor. I hate constantly tripping over toys, so we have a couple pick up times during the day to keep that under control. :)

      Delete
  4. How gorgeous is your dining room? LOVE it! We actually have a shower curtain and some chair covers in that same pattern from World Market and I love it. So cute! I love the flowers and the white vase. Beautifully styled! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! I saw that shower curtain and had to use some major self control to not buy it! It's so pretty! I didn't realize there were chair covers, too! Dangerous info for me to know! ;)

      Delete
  5. I'll take your club over the made bed club anyday :) Having an unmade bed doesn't send me into a frenzy when someone shows up at my door, but a messy table sure does! I love your simple centerpiece and the look of a clear table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the club! Haha! Thanks for your kind comment! I've been loving your blog!!

      Delete
  6. That is a beautiful basket & would definitely lend itself to many different tablescape ideas. I'm, and always have been, in the "must make the bed first thing" category. I also love having pretty tablescapes. We have one of those seldom used dining rooms, so I can get as elaborate as I want for that table. Our breakfast table is our daily-use spot, so I utilize a lazy susan in the center to corral whatever decor I want to use....the lazy susan isn't very big, so that limits what I can use. I, too, love tablerunners, and I also love cloth napkins. My hubby would say I've never met a kitchen linen I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so fun to get to have a fully decorated table all the time! I bet it's beautiful! Haha, to your hubbys comment on kitchen linens! I'm with you on that! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, that's so fun to get to have a fully decorated table all the time! I bet it's beautiful! Haha, to your hubbys comment on kitchen linens! I'm with you on that! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm the total opposite, the bed is always made....with laundry to be folded on top hah! The dining tale could use some love, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these comments about making the bed have inspired me and I've made the bed every day this week! BUT, mine has totally ended up with clean laundry on it just about every day, too! Haha!

      Delete
  8. I do the same thing! There are ceratin parts of my that I know if I straighten them up and make them look pretty first thing in the morning that's all it takes to feel like my house it put together and well-tended. Kitchen table tops the list along iwth kitchen countertops and making the bed.

    I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty linky party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The current party is open through Monday night. http://alaynascreations.co/2015/08/28/home-matters-linky-party-52/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, clean countertops are a must, too! Thanks, I'll stop over and link up!

      Delete
  9. That is a beautiful centerpiece!! I love that you could just take it outside with you, if the party ended up moving outdoors!! Amazing!! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you are committed to this. I also try to keep my tables cleaned off... the bed made... well... not so much! Thanks for sharing with the Pretty Preppy Party! - Heather http://www.southernstateofmindblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful, and it does make a difference in how the house feels when the surfaces aren't covered with clutter. I struggle with that since I blog at our kitchen table. Sharing you as one of my featured favorites today at 11 Magnolia Lane. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...