Well, I'm back to give you a report of day 2 of our board and batten project. If you missed day one, you can find it here.
So, let's just call day 2 "Getting in the Groove Day". It's going slower than anticipated because we had to make a million trips from the garage to bedroom to carry in all the lumber and tools, then we had to stop working for Little Boy's nap (power tools are loud!) and the yard needed to be mowed this afternoon. But, we did get a section finished and developed a good installation system.
Jeremy started next to the crawl out attic door since we wanted the boards to be as tall as the attic door. He installed 1x6 boards for the baseboard, making a 45 degree cut for the corner. He used his nail gun to nail in 2 inch, 16 gauge finish nails.
Jeremy used a stud finder to find the studs in the wall and marked them on the walls. Then, he nailed the vertical boards to the studs using his nail gun. After the first two vertical boards were attached to the wall where the stud were, we measured the distance in between the vertical boards. We used that measurement to make a spacer board out of scrap wood so we wouldn't have to remeasure in between each set of vertical boards.
Tomorrow should go much faster now that he's in a rhythm and all his supplies are all ready to go!