Wednesday, November 11, 2015

One Room Challenge: Bathroom Reveal

I'm so excited for today because it's finally REVEAL DAY for the One Room Challenge! Wahoo! You can catch up on our bathroom remodel here: Week 1Week 2Week 3, Week 4, and Week 5!


As a refresher, here's the 90's builder grade bathroom we started with:


Here's where we are now! I still can't get over the difference! HUGE shoutout to my hubby who worked like crazy on this bathroom! He's the best!


The new espresso vanity and bright white sink make everything look so fresh and crisp compared to that old honey colored vanity and yellowed sink! 


We said buh-bye to the old two toned towel ring by spray painting it oil rubbed bronze to match the fixtures. 


I love that the new vanity has legs. It makes it feel more like a piece of furniture instead of a plain stock cabinet. The bottom is actually a drawer that pulls out for added storage! 


The faucet looks so cool in here! It's such a great addition and adds some interest to the space. 


We love the way the water comes out! Isn't it fun?


The mirror is probably my favorite thing in the room! Isn't it gorgeous? I found it at Home Goods and snatched it up faster than you can say "Who's your Mama!"


For days after we hung up the mirror, I'd see it and immediately start singing Iggy's "Fancy" and dancing around. Haha! My husband is used to my antics. ;) 


I also found this frame at Home Goods for the artwork I made and thought it complimented the mirror perfectly. 


I still can't believe this light was only $25! Such a steal!


I have had my eye on this shower curtain from Target for years now. I love how fresh and clean it is while still adding a bit of color. 


Here's a shot of our new floors and toilet. The new laminate floors are so.much.better than the old, cracked tile we had before! And, check it out, we have real baseboards now instead of dated tile lining the walls! The floor truly transforms the space!


Here's all that we accomplished!

-Demo tile baseboards
-Rip out vanity, toilet, light, fixtures, and mirror.
-Paint. 
-Install new flooring.
-Replace baseboards. 
-Install new light. 
-Install new vanity and sink. 
-Install new faucet and fixtures. 
-Install new toilet. 
-Remove blinds and frost window.
-Fill nail holes in baseboards.
-Decorate

The only thing we didn't get to check off of our list was frosting the window. We are waiting until a day that we will be out of the house for a while, since the spray window frost is really strong. But, other than that, we were able to finish everything and cross this room off our list! We are SO happy with how it came out! I may or may not open the door just to a catch a glimpse of it every now and then. And I may or may not have done a giddy victory dance on the step stool as I was taking these pictures. ;)


Sources: 

Light, vanity, floors- Home Depot
Mirror, frame- Home Goods
Faucet, toilet- Lowes
Soap pump, vase (actually just a clear cup!), rug, shower curtain- Target
Shower curtain rod and rings- Walmart
Trash can, toilet paper holder- Marshalls 
Towel- Kirklands

(You can't see the trash can or the toilet paper holder in the pictures, but I had to include them in the source list because they were way cheaper at Marshalls than anywhere else. Be sure to check there if you're in the market for those items!)

Check out the other One Room Challenge room reveals over at Calling it Home!

34 comments:

  1. Wow!! You made that bathroom look so tranquil!! Love that sink faucet!! The wall color and those pretty pink flowers are a great combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. Hi Samantha! Your bathroom came out so beautiful! I love that mirror too. I have a "waterfall-like" faucet in one of my bathrooms too. Enjoy this new space! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha, my kids defnitely think it's a waterfall and have loved playing in the water. :)

      Delete
  3. Your bathroom looks AMAZING! I seriously love everything about it..the colors, the artwork, the faucet, the vanity, and the MIRROR. Can you tell which one is my favorite :) ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are the sweetest and always so encouraging! Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on (and on) about our projects at the gym! ;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love that pretty new blue wall color and that mirror is totally swoonworthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That means a lot coming from you! Your blog is such a big source of inspiration for me!

      Delete
  5. This looks great! I love that mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! You pulled everything together so nicely. Isn't so much fun to use the bathroom now?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The mirror and frame are perfect together, and I love the clean feel that still has a bit of color. Well done!

    Visiting from LorimerLiving.Com
    XO, Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Your pose is so cute. That IS a cute mirror. Awesome job finishing that finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful space! Our bathrooms are all builder-grade honey cabinet 90s yuck, so I'm loving all you did. Think I'll be pinning a few pictures for reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Loved your laundry room makeover! It's gorgeous! Painting your dryer was the best idea ever!

      Delete
  10. This turned out great! It is so fresh and crisp feeling! LOVE the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very homey! I love the color and decor!

    Much love
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bathroom! I love the colors and fixtures! They make it so fresh and modern. I'd be doing a happy dance too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why do builders do such ugly things to bathrooms:) You made it so pretty and cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right?! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful transformation! You now have such a bright and fresh space! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Create • Share • Inspire Link Party. We hope to see you back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet changes. I agree with Sherry, bad builders and great 'after'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for hosting! It was so fun to participate!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...