Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall 2013 Mantel

Update: We are on the second coat of paint on the board and batten and will hopefully finish this weekend! Can't wait to share the final reveal with you next week!

I'm SO excited it's fall! I love everything about fall...football, cool weather, pumpkin everything, decorating, fleece jackets, and mums! I'm especially excited for fall this year since I'm sporting a giant baby belly and am suffocatingly hot all.the.time. Hooray for some cooler weather and hopefully less sweating! ;)

I've been taking my time decorating this year and have been tweaking the fireplace decor for the past week or two. I think I may finally leave it alone. Maybe. Ha!


I picked up two packages of leaves in the floral section of the grocery store (I've found them at Michael's in the past, too.) and put some in a vase and used the others to spread across the mantle. I added the cow photo I took a few years ago to the mantle since it was taken in the fall and has nice fall colors in it.


I topped the leaves with three mini pumpkins that I painted a creamy white.


I dressed up my candles using burlap, raffia, and silk leaves, just like I did last year. So simple!


Happy Fall!!!

Linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick!


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet mantel, I love the fall colors. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...