Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Fireplace Decor

Well, we're to our final stop in the fall decorations tour...the fireplace! I rearranged it a million times, but am finally satisfied with it. I used things I already had on hand except for the burlap bunting that I made.
The candles and candle holders are part of my everyday fireplace decor. I just dressed them up with a little burlap, raffia, and a leaf from some silk stems I've had for a couple years now. The wire pumpkin is one of my favorite fall decorations. I scored it at Target a couple years ago. I splurged and paid full price for it, but at $10, it was still very reasonable!
The clock and books are part of our everyday fireplace decor as well. I just switched out our usual flowers with a leaf arrangement. I used a vase that we saved from our wedding with some stems I had on hand from a couple years ago. I picked the mini pumpkins I used as filler off of some fall picks I found at Michaels this year. The leaf garland was last year's after season Michaels clearance find. It was 75% off- I only paid $2.50 for it!
For the final touch, I made a burlap fall bunting/banner with the leftover burlap from the dining room runner. I love making banners for special occasions! A couple years ago for Hubby's birthday, I made him a birthday banner which he really liked. Now, I make banners for every birthday and various other holidays. With how much I love Fall, I figured it deserved its own banner, right?! :) I'll do one last fall post with more specific directions for the bunting and my other fall diy projects from this year. Stay tuned!

I'm linking up with Centsational Girl for the It's Fall Y'all link party!

2 comments:

  1. Your fireplace mantel looks so welcoming and cheery! The colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Fall mantel, Samantha! I love the vibrant hues ... your FALL banner is awesome, too! And, thank you for visiting my Fall mantel and leaving such a thoughtful note. *Becca*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...