Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Japplesauce

When friends with little kids come to our house for dinner, we usually have some Japplesauce for the kids in case they don't want the adults yummy salad. (Mom!!! Lettuce, broccoli, vegetables?! The horror! Well, at least that's what my little one thinks. Haha!) Japplesauce is a mixture of Jello and applesauce that you can make into fun combinations of flavors. It has an applesauce texture, but sets up like Jello. It's a hit with the littles (and grown-ups!) every time!



Japplesauce
Recipe credit to my bestie-since-high-school's family. Hi, Julia! Hey VPs! :)

Ingredients:
1 small package Jello
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups applesauce

Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Stir in applesauce. Chill until set up...about 4-6 hours. Enjoy!

I usually use strawberry Jello, but you can use any flavor you want. Experiment and find the flavor you like best! They all sound good to me!

Linking up to The Larson Lingo's summer salad swap. Check out the other yummy salads on Mel's blog!


1 comment:

  1. I am so intrigued my this! My girls would love this... I have jello & applesauce on hand! can't wait to make it! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...