Friday, December 11, 2015

Glittered Reindeer Wreath

The other day, you know, back in August when weird prepared people start thinking about Christmas decorations, I spotted this adorable deer wreath at Michael's. I scooped it up super fast and started dreaming up plans for it.


I originally was thinking of painting it white and layering it over a boxwood wreath, but sadly Trader Joes hasn't had their $10 boxwood wreaths and I can't afford a good-sized preserved one. Sad times. After more stewing, the idea to use glitter popped into my brain and the rest is history!


I sanded the wreath down really well, focusing on the rough edges and making sure to get it nice and smooth. I gave it a couple coats of white spray paint. Then, I brushed on Mod Podge where I wanted glitter and sprinkled on a generous coat of extra fine glitter, tapping off the excess. I just had to add a cute little red nose!


I hung it up using some dollar spot ribbon from Target and command strips. I love how it turned out!


Happy weekend, everyone!

Linking up with Savvy Southern StyleRemodelaholicPocketful of PosiesJust a Girl, and many other awesome blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Samantha, I like this little deer so much! I'm crazy for deer, anything with deer or antlers, this wreath is so cute and the glitter you added gave it such a festive touch! Lovely! And btw. I also dream up my decoration way in advance, when I find something I can't use right away...lol. Sharing on FB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...