Thursday, January 24, 2013

Living Room Progress: New Rug!

I know I mentioned it in my last post, but we finally found a rug for our living room! We've been searching for a good rug since May when we bought this house. I really like the look of the natural fiber rugs, so have been keeping my eye on them for months now. I quickly figured out that they are not cheap. Too bad I'm super cheap and refused to pay a ton of money for a rug.

When we moved into our last house, I found a rug that I liked and paid full price for it...around $250 bones. I was super thrilled, until it started snagging and piling really badly within the first couple months. We ended up selling it at our yard sale before we moved. Whomp whomp. That rug was supposed to last much longer than it did. :(

This time around, I didn't want to pay that much money since we have a little one running around and knew the rug would be "well loved". We needed a bigger rug than our previous one, so it was quite a challenge to get a bigger rug at a cheaper price. But, after months of searching, I found a rug I loved on Overstock.com! It's a braided jute rug, and for a 6x9, it only set us back $150 with free (and very fast!) shipping. That's well under half the price of the Pottery Barn one I've been drooling over! I can live with that!
I love that it's on the plain side so it doesn't add another pattern to the room. Between the pillows and the curtains, I don't think the room could handle more patterns. :)
It has a nice texture and it is actually soft to walk on.
Yay for another living room update!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...