Saturday, December 7, 2013

Simple Christmas Dining Room

I've shown you the fireplace mantel and our advent tree, so figured I'd continue the Christmas tour of our home. :) Today's stop is the dining room!

I kept it super simple because that's what I like and what is comfortable to live with. We eat dinner in our dining room, so I knew whatever I put on the table needed to be easily slid to the side while we eat. I also tried to keep it pretty neutral since the dining room has a lot of soft greens and blues. Here's what I came up with! 
The centerpiece is a simple white pitcher and platter with Christmas tree clippings and silver holiday picks leftover from a wreath I made last year. 
I love the joy sign! I found it at Target on sale this year and it was my only purchase for this room. It came in a faux vintage finish, but it didn't go well with our home, so I taped off all the little lights with painters tape and my sweet hubby spray painted it with silver glitter paint. I love how it turned out!
I used some extra garland to decorate the buffet and added a few leftover ornaments to fancy it up. 
I don't leave the table set with plates and silverware, but I just had to play with the place settings. So fun! For everyday, I just put the napkins with the ornaments and tree clippings directly on the placemats.
We hung the gallery wall in Little Girl's room today, so I'll be back soon to show you pictures of that! 

Linking up to Hi Sugarplum and Thrifty Decor Chick!

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with how simple and clean the whole room looks!!! And what a gorgeous sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of neutrals. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dining room. Love the JOY sign!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so adorable! I featured your dining room on my blog today as one of the features from the Christmas Extravaganza Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely beautiful holiday dining room! If feels so fresh and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your diningroom and the Joy sign. I'm a new follower of your blog, stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...