Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring Time Pretties

I'm so happy it's finally spring! I usually love winter, but I was getting antsy to get outside and start walking again!

Our jasmine smells amazing right now!

One of my favorite things about spring is seeing all the tulips blooming around town. One of the main roads near our house has tulips on the corner of all the major intersections. Each intersection has a different color. It's gorgeous!  

I've been seeing a lot of posts like this one lately on forcing tulips to grow in just water. I've been wanting to try it, but let's face it, I kill every plant I touch. Imagine my excitement when I found already assembled vases of tulips growing in water at BJ's! I grabbed a pink one and dutifully followed the directions to keep the water fresh and at the correct water level. They bloomed beautifully and the blooms lasted for days! Check it out!

(Collage made using Fotor)

Now that I know they can be successful, I will definitely try doing them myself next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...