Friday, April 5, 2013

Pintertest Kitchen: Easy Cheese Danish

Growing up, my grandparents used to take me to a sweet little bakery in Waynesville, NC called Whitman's Bakery. Everything there is amazing! My grandma and I almost always chose a cheese danish out of the donut case to share and Grandpa always opted for something with chocolate. :) After our treat, we'd walk up and down Main Street, browsing all the quaint little shops. Those are some of my very favorite memories!


When I saw this recipe for cheese danish on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it! It's easy and really yummy! Brings back lots of sweet memories from our trips to the bakery! Try it!

Ingredients:

2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg

Glaze:


1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350* degrees and grease a 13X9-inch baking pan. Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth. Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Top with glaze after cooling for 20 minutes.


Notes: 

I used reduced fat cream cheese with great results! Original recipe found here

Linking up to the Pintertest Kitchen link party!

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy and super easy...a great combination in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents used to take me for donuts. Special memories... :). And this look DELISH! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a keeper, I'll have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...