Monday, March 23, 2015

Conquering the School Paper Monster

Happy Monday! This sunny weather has me motivated to take on a bunch of home projects and clean and organize everything! How about you? 

I don't know about you, but paper clutter is the hardest thing for me to keep organized. It multiplies right before your eyes! Add a child in school and you have papers coming out of your ears! I've been stewing over how to organize Little Man's school projects for several months and finally figured out a solution! 
A couple weeks ago, I stumbled across The Container Store's document boxes. I really liked them and knew they were perfect for school projects and Little Man's artwork, but even on clearance, they were a bit more than I wanted to pay. I thought about it for a couple weeks and ultimately decided that they were worth the $10 per box. They are the large enough to fit big art projects and full sized pieces of construction paper and look neat sitting up on the shelf. Score!
The top box is my inbox for any incoming artwork, projects, and school papers. I can just put them in the box, then periodically sort them. The second box is for papers that I intend to keep. I'll sort through this box at the end of the school year and keep the best of this box. My goal is to put the best projects from each school year into folders, divided by grade like Jen from IHeart Organizing did. Check out her post here

Finally, no more stacks of papers everywhere! How do you deal with school papers and artwork?

Linking up to Savvy Southern Style and many more awesome blogs!

2 comments:

  1. I have struggled with the school paperwork/artwork for a couple of years and was just contemplating what to do with it all last night. Thanks for the suggestions! Those boxes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all over this!!!!!!!
    Thanks for Sharing!

    Coming to you from: http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2015/03/one-project-at-a-time-33115.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...